Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanskgiving Greetings! (A day early. . .)

We'll call this the "Random Becky Fact of the Day!"
Did you know. . . that I had two Thanksgivings before my first birthday?

Weird, huh? It's true. I was born on a Wednesday, Thanksgiving Eve, 1991. The next year, 1992, was a Leap Year. Therefore, my first birthday was on a Friday. So I celebrated Thanksgiving the day after I was born, and the day before I turned one. I wonder if there is any sort of certificate or medal awarded to people that go through this kind of weird experience. Because let me tell you, it confused me so much when it happened.

Moving on, I want to wish you all a very joyful Thanksgiving this year. It is most definitely my favorite holiday. One, because it means I get to spend time cooking, one of my favorite things to do. Two, because it brings the whole family together. And three, because of the way it focuses on looking beyond yourself. I challenge you to find something to do this Thanksgiving that gives someone else a reason to be thankful.

Okay, a survey I shall post. Actually, it is just a question that requires an answer. Don't fail me. .
"What is the thing you are most thankful for this year?"
Comment on this post and let me know! Be creative and honest. . . I'll tell you mine sometime next week, so you can wait expectantly for that. :)

Have a glorious Thanksgiving!

Becky

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky! It's nice you asked that! We are all so blessed and although we should be giving thanks all through the year, this is just an extra special time to talk about it. Well, I'll write a few...my family and friends, A loving, merciful, and forgiving Savior, (much needed!), and the freedom to live, worship, and homeschool (well, being homeschooled!-last year!!) as we please-a true blessing from the LORD! Well, God bless, and I look forward to hearing yours Becky!
Candi Monet Antonini

Anonymous said...

Oh!! happy birthday! Whats so old about being 17?
CMA

Anonymous said...

I'm most thankful for the people in my life. Whether it be my family, friends, or simply the people that sit behind me every week at church. But there's still a bigger picture. Without God none of us would be here today. And without our loving Savior none of us would have any hope in our lives. To sum it all up. This year I'm most thankful for people and the HOPE that our merciful Savior gave us when he died on that cross.

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

I'm thankful that "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us...", because we would have been in a world of hurt had he not, and would have nothing for which to be thankful.

Alyssa Jean said...

I'm thankful that I know you Becky. :)
I'm not sure if I'll be able to come to your house today. I've been having troubles with my iron again... :( But I did want to come. :D

Brandon said...

Spectacular!