Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My profound apologies

Dear friends,
I apologize for neglecting my blog these past few weeks. Not much out of the ordinary has happened. I have made meals at home, done a lot of driving to and from Abby's volleyball practices, spent time babysitting the younger kids. . . oh and started college. I suppose that was somewhat monumental, although I definitely have had mixed reviews as to whether or not I should be starting this fall. :) But I am quickly learning the ins and outs of classroom style education, and really enjoying things. My classes are as follows:
Public Speaking, meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9-9:50. It's a bit hard to get myself going for this class, but I am looking forward to the challenge of learning how to speak successfully.
English Composition, meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11-11:50. I quite enjoy this class. Although I am by no means the strongest writer around, I do like writing, and it's good for me to force myself to write.
Introduction to Psychology, meets Mondays from 1-3:30. I believe this is my favorite so far. My teacher is so sweet, and quite a character. I'm really finding the material interesting as well, although I do wish it was taught from a Christian perspective. But it is good for me to challenge myself and define what I believe about humans and how they think and relate and such.
Introduction to Statistics, meets Wednesdays from 5-7:30. This will probably get the most challenging as time goes on, but for now it has ben the simplest. I pray that I don't get in over my head. :)

All in all, I am so far enjoying my college life. Granted, I'm not your typical college student, but then again, who is? I have people ranging from age 17-age 55 in my classes, all eager to learn and further their education. It's a daily adventure, bu God is helping me to take things one step at a time.

The other biggest adjustment in life has been my decision not to attend youth group this year. Once again, I've gotten mixed reviews on whether or not this is a good idea, and to be quite honest, I'm still getting used to it myself. But God is faithful, and His ways are best. Growing up can be a challenge, but He knows all about it, and for that I am grateful.

So I hope this has satisfied those begging for more posts. Rather boring, but it is a post! I pray that you are all well and having a wonderful September. I'm surely looking forward to fall and the cooler weather. :)

His daughter,
Rebekah

No comments: