Wednesday, August 12, 2009

10 Days - 10!

As I'm sure everyone reading this blog is aware, I'm headed to Truman State U, up in Kirksville, MO for school this fall. I leave in 10 days. Mum and I were talking yesterday, and she said that people keep asking her if I'm excited about school. She was like, "So. . .are you?"

Oh, I am so excited!
At the same time, I'm nervous about living on my own.
And I'm terrified at the intensity of how much I'll miss home.
And so much more - all at once, too. Who would have thought?

My dear friends have been very understanding during this time, comforting me when need be, and getting excited with me when the occasion calls for it. However, I am most encouraged when they remind me that God is going up to Truman with me. I've often marveled at how much the Psalmists trusted in God. Those are some of the most emotional chapters of the Bible. They were written at times of extreme feeling, both positive and negative. And yet, in each one, we see the quiet confidence the author has in the fact that God is there - that He is faithful - that His love never, ever fails. It's hard to always feel like that, isn't it? Often times, I don't feel like that at all. But I know - I always know - that despite what my feelings tell me, He is there, and He isn't going anywhere. Thank goodness!

I'd appreciate it if you'd keep me in your prayers these next 10 days, and the coming semester, as I begin this new phase of life. Praise God, that He is coming with me, and that he'll be there every step of the way. Ask that He continues the work He has begun in me - we have a long way to go, but I firmly believe that it can be done in Rolla, Kirksville, or where ever He may call me.

~Rebekah

"Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments: