1. Taking my keys to the bathroom with me.
2. Walking everywhere.
3. Having a TV (and people I don’t know) in my room.
4. People. Always. Nearly 6,000.
5. A chemistry teacher who stands on the desk.
6. The concept of frat parties, and the girls that go to them.
7. Strange sleeping hours.
8. Eating with a tray under my plate.
9. Free time.
10. Climbing into, and making, a loft bed. (Going to bed takes real commitment.)
11. Brushing my teeth with an automatic faucet. It’s harder than it sounds.
12. Closing my blinds to change. I’m afraid someone across the way, on BNB fourth floor may just need to get used to looking away. ;)
13. Climbing four flights of stairs to get to my room.
14. Making new friends.
15. Not having coffee every morning (which may change, since I’ve discovered our dorm’s convenience store).
16. Sarah Deleware.
17. Working out.
18. Initials – SUB, CSI, SAB, SA’s. . . they all have meanings too.
19. Being called Rebekah – I decided that I’d try it out, and not go by “Becky” up here. So far, I like it.
20. Remembering to ask for cell numbers or last names, so I can contact people again or find them on facebook.
21. Having my phone always on vibrate or silent.
22. Games of Humans vs. Zombies on the quad. Imagine massive groups of 18-25 year olds running around shooting each other with nerf guns and throwing socks at each other. It’s great fun.
24. Having the time to pursue basically whatever I want to, including time at the gym, and more time in my devotions and prayer.
25. Being away from my family and friends. That’s the hardest one.
Miss and love you all! I’d love to hear from you, so feel free to call, e-mail, fb message, snail mail. . . whatever. . . me!
by Rachel Cohen