Sunday, June 29, 2008

Onondaga Cave






So these are perhaps not the best photos. . . okay, so not even GOOD photos. :) But the cave was truly amazing! The photos do not do justice to God's amazing creation. We all enjoyed it, even Isaac, and he can be hard to please. It was nice and cool in the cave (I think they said 57 degrees), so it was a pleasant break from the heat outside. If you have not yet been here before, I would encourage you to go. Thanks Adam for the suggestion! It was a very Missouri experience for our Norwegian friends. ;)

6 comments:

Adam Nisbett said...

Those photos are actually pretty good for cave photos. It's often difficult to get decent photos underground because of the poor lighting.

The photos bring back nice memories from my summer as a guide there. I'll have to go back and visit again sometime.

Matt Skywalker said...

wow I love caves! and yea, considering that you probably didn't have an SLR with external flash, tripod, and filter lenses, those are pretty good cave pictures :) I've never been to Onadoga Cave.. I'll have to try it!

Alyssa Jean said...

That cave looks WAY cool! I loved the pictures too! The guys are right, getting pictures in a cave are hard to do without the right kind of stuff. I thought the pictures looked great. What beauty God has in store for us. :) You'd never think that rocks underground could be so breath taking. :)
Love you Becky!
I hope to see you soon. :)

Rebekah said...

Thanks guys! I suppose the photos are okay. . . but having just been there, they don't seem that great because they cannot begin to show how awesome it was. :)

Becky

Adam Nisbett said...

I don't think I've ever seen any cave photos that look anywhere close to as good as the real cave. I kinda miss that cave, especially the lilypad room.

Rebekah said...

Oh man, the lilypad room was so cool! Definitely my favorite thing that I've ever seen in a cave. . .

~r.g.h.