Thursday, July 10, 2008

MmmHmmm, it's Summertime. . .

I feel so blessed.

Far too often I walk through life not noticing all the little ways God has provided. Not only has He covered everything I could possibly need, but also, so many of those little things I want. Today, as I was taking a walk through the woods and on our property, it struck me just how much we have.
The freedom to walk, all alone, and to enjoy God's creation without fear of anything (except perhaps the ocassional mosquito) harming me.
The gift of sight, that allows me to soak in the magnificent colors of His handiwork. . . the many shades and intensities of green, and the ocassional yellow flower, red berries, or bright orange mushroom.
Our garden, which is purely for the experience and enjoyment of having one, not the necessity of growing food for our family.
The entertainment choices that are right at my fingertips . . . whether a theatrical production in an outdoor theater, a stroll in the woods, my iPod, a movie, a good book, or yummy frozen blueberries (okay, so that's not entertainment, but I am still thankful for them!).
Our lovely home, which is air conditioned and contains everything one may want for comfort.
My amazing family, made to fit me as perfectly as I fit all of them.
The diversity of His people and the church, something we come into contact with frequently. . . cousins from Dubai (UAE), friends from Norway, and our grandparents, who are currently in Ecuador.
This computer, which allows me to share my ramblings with all of you. ;)
The gift of education and textbooks which teach truth. . . and the ability to choose which resources to use for our education.
The study of science, specifically anatomy, specifically Module 14, page 449 of my textbook. . . oh yes. . . which I am supposed to be studying. sigh.
Summertime, the days when laziness and fun abound, but hard workers and a servants heart are not hard to find.

God's love. It is what I am most thankful for, out of the many blessings I have been given. He chose me --
"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5
Soak up that summer sun today (well not literally! There are few things worse than a sunburn. . . ), and don't forget to stop and thank Him for all He has done for you this day!
~Miss Becky



No comments: