Sunday, May 17, 2009

Life - It Happens, You Know ( Part III)

Part III - Looking Ahead: Summer and Beyond


I had the first major decision of my life a few weeks ago, as I decided where to attend college in the fall. If you were around me in the weeks leading up to this decision, you know how incredibly stressed I was about it. I had narrowed it down to both Valparaiso and Truman State, and I knew that either option would be a terrific fit for me. In some ways, that made the choice even harder! But after a few talks with Mum and Dad, some college visits, and several hours of soul-searching, I finally decided. So, if you haven't already heard, I'm going to Truman State University in Kirksville, MO this fall!

I've already been accepted into the BSN program, and will (presumably) graduate in four years as a Registered Nurse (RN). I excited, nervous . . .well, you know. It's that typical mixed feeling thing. Part of me can't wait to get out on my own, to be intellectually challenged, and to learn about how being an adult really works. And, part of me dreads ever leaving Rolla, and my family. This year, I have grown so much closer to all of them, and to many friends and families here in Rolla. I don't even want to think about how hard it's going to be to leave in August - in fact, I'm trying not to think about it! But God's going with me, and it'll all work out. ;)


This summer is going to be intense, packed full of getting together with friends while I still can! I'm also working out at Camp David of the Ozarks, 3-4 days a week. I'll be helping in the office and putting together photo scrapbooks for each of the campers. I've already started working several hours a week, and I'm looking forward to doing that.

*Side Note: Elizabeth definitely just put a medicine syringe in my mouth and tried to force feed me air.

My other primary activities this summer are detailed in my Packing List - I haven't gotten very far yet, but I have several friends who are eager to help. I'll definitely keep you updated on the progress, and hopefully knock most of those items out! Mad Cow Disease, here I come!

I guess I'm all out of words. Finally.



Yup, that's it.



No comments: