Friday, January 30, 2009


Please lift up little John Riefer in your prayers this afternoon. He was taken to the ER early this morning, with a high fever and croupy cough - I believe Ashley said the doctors diagnosed him with RSV, a respiratory virus. Because of his high fever, though, it's quite a bit more serious than just the ordinary cold (he had a seizure earlier today). Right now, they are trying not to let his fever go down too much, for fear that it may spike up too quickly again. They are waiting for an intensive care room to open up so he can be moved in there. The family had a busy weekend planned, so ask that God would be with them in all their comings and goings, and ride arrangments, etc.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7


children of the farm said...

Thank you<3 He should be able to go home tomorrow if all goes well.


Rebekah Grace said...

Hope he is doing better, and that you all are holding up okay! Let us know how things are going. . . .


Jon's Photography said...

I have some what a feeling for you all! My younger brother was rushed to the ER an later ICU for phenomena. Mildly server. He's fine now but he can't be out in the cold weather to long or he starts wheeze again.